Friday, July 24, 2015

Junkyard Brothers Circus



I went to Cirque Du Soleil not that long ago and came home very inspired. Since then I've been trying to create a picture that showed how amazing it was but nothing seemed to do it justice. So instead of creating a whole bunch of cliche circus imagery I decided to as myself a question..."What sort of circus would I like to see or be a part of?" Then it hit me...a Junkyard Circus! As I was drawing the concept I came up with a backstory that involved three brothers who work at a junkyard by day and run a circus by night in the junkyard. I think it would make a pretty cool cartoon.

One of the brothers using a bike tyre as a circus ring

A closeup of some of the detail in the junk

This shows the way they construct the junk and use it

No comments: