Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Letters


In my spare time I create music under the alias jPEG invisible. I recently made a song called Letters where I tried to capture the feeling of receiving a handwritten letter. After I had finished the song I began mapping out an illustration that reflected the ideas in the song. A few days earlier I just happened to find a pile of old postcards that my wife and I had collected from op-shops over the years. I took a photo of them, which became the backdrop of the illustration. The foreground image is one of my old illustrations that I recycled titled the storm. They worked so well together in creating the feel that I was after that the only other thing I did was add the title.      



 I created a stamp inspired title to blend in with the postcards

The collection of postcards that formed the backdrop of the illustration.

No comments: